Lamb BBQ Skewers with California Prune Greek Salad
The sun is out and the BBQs are getting hot! You’ll be cooking up a storm this summer with these delicious spiced lamb skewers served with a fresh and fruity California Prune and feta salad!
We’ve taken the classic Greek salad and added California Prunes, as they are perfectly matched with the saltiness of the cheese and the tang of the vinegar dressing.
This salad can also be served with any of your BBQ favourites or as part of the perfect summer picnic.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 60 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 600g Diced lamb leg
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Lemon zest only
- 1 tbsp Dried mint
- 2 Red onions sliced
- 6 Tomato sliced
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 1 tbsp Nigella seeds
- 100g Blanched whole roasted almonds
- 75g Feta cheese
- 150g California Prunes (whole)
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Handful fresh mint leaves
1. Place the diced lamb on 4 wooden skewers and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Scatter the cumin, sesame seeds, garlic, lemon zest and dried mint over the lamb and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, to make the salad, place the sliced tomatoes, cucumber and red onion on a large serving plate.
4. Scatter over the nigella seeds.
5. Add the roasted almonds, crumbled feta cheese and whole California Prunes.
6. Mix the salad together and finish with a squeeze of lemon juice, a splash of olive oil as well as some sprigs of fresh mint.
7. Grill the lamb kebabs on a hot BBQ for 10 minutes until golden, crisp and cooked to your liking.
8. Serve the kebabs with the salad and enjoy.