Hot Dogs with California Prune Asian BBQ Sauce and Pickled Carrots
Makes: 6Prep Time: 5-10 minutesCook Time: 15-20 minutes
- 6 Hot dog rolls
- 6 50g Sausages
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 3 carrots peeled and washed
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp Salt
- For the sauce
- 100g California Prunes
- 75ml Light soy sauce
- 1 small garlic clove
- 20g fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- Fresh coriander and sesame seeds to garnish
1. Drizzle the oil over the sausages and place on a baking tray.
2. Cook the sausages for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked.
3. Cut the peeled carrots into fine match sticks and place in a bowl.
4. Squeeze the juice of both limes over the carrots and sprinkle in a little salt.
5. To make the sauce, place all the ingredients into a measuring jug, using a stick blender blend the ingredients until smooth.
6. Taste the sauce and add seasoning to your taste.
7. When the sausages are cooked drizzle the sauce over, and place in the hot dog rolls.
8. Top the hot dogs with the pickled carrots, and serve with a little fresh coriander and sesame seeds.