Halloween Cookies with California Prunes
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 150g butter or margarine
- 80g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 large free range egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
- 200g dark chocolate chips
- Fried egg sweets
- Pre heat the oven to 170°c
- Mix together the butter and sugar and beat together either with a wooden spoon or in a mixer. Add in the vanilla and egg and continue to mix.
- Sieve together the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the butter mixture. Add in the chocolate chips, then using a metal spoon mix together to create a soft cookie dough. Place the dough into the fridge to firm up.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick parchment. Divide the cookies up into portions; try using an ice-cream scoop dipped in hot water. Wet your hands, then press the cookies down. Bake for 10-12 minutes, then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile mix the margarine and sugar together to create a butter icing. Divide the butter icing between half of the cookies. Add the California Prunes and fried egg sweets.
- Finally add the top cookies and you’ve got your monsters.