Guacamole with Poached California Prunes
Makes: 8Prep Time: 25 minutes
- 8 California Prunes, diced
- 1 cup 100% California Prune juice, or apple juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (divided)
- 2 Hass avocados, peeled, pitted, and cubed
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, with some seeds, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add the diced California Prunes, California Prune juice (or apple juice), and 1 tablespoon of the lime juice to a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes, until the California Prunes are soft and juicy.
- Drain the California Prunes through a mesh strainer and leave to fully drain and cool in the strainer for at least 15 minutes. Reserve the juice for another culinary purpose.
- To a medium bowl, add the avocados, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic (if using), salt, coriander, cumin, and the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice. Gently stir (do not smash avocado) until just combined.
- Add the California Prunes and gently stir until evenly combined.
- Season as required, and serve.