Apple-Spice Prune Griddle Cakes
Using whole wheat flour and bran increases the nutritional benefits of these griddle cakes! The addition of applesauce and California Prune topping is a special touch.
Makes: 6Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- Apple-Spice Prune Griddle Cakes:
- 140g all-purpose flour
- 70g whole wheat flour
- 30g unprocessed bran
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 480g buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 175g chopped California Prunes
- Apple-Spice Topping:
- 245g unsweetened applesauce
- 58g finely chopped California Prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, combine flours, bran, sugar, baking soda and salt; mix well and set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and butter.
3. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
4. Stir in Prunes; let stand 5 minutes.
5. Heat lightly greased griddle or non-skillet over medium heat until hot.
6. For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
7. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
8. Cook second sides until golden brown.
9. Serve warm with *Apple Spice Topping.
* In a small saucepan cook and stir unsweetened applesauce, finely chopped California Prunes and ground cinnamon over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until warm.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||18|