Creamy Goat Cheese, Crispy Prosciutto & Balsamic Glazed California Prune Flatbreads
Provided by: The Nutritious Kitchen for the California Prune Board
Image and video recipe by Peter Sidwell Media
Makes: 6Prep Time: 5 MinutesCook Time: 12-16 Minutes
- Heat the grill.
- Cut California Prunes into small cubes and toss with balsamic vinegar then set aside.
- Place the prosciutto on a lined baking sheet and bake under the grill for 5-8 minutes or until crispy.
- Once done, set aside to cool.
- While the prosciutto is cooling, toast your flatbreads under the grill for about 5 minutes.
- Flip and toast the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until toasted.
- Evenly spread whipped goat cheese over each flatbread.
- Layer on your balsamic glazed California Prunes, then crumble the crispy baked prosciutto over them.
- Add a few rocket leaves, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar reduction if required.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately!
Tip: To make the balsamic vinegar reduction:
- Put the balsamic vinegar in which the prunes have been marinating into a saucepan and heat gently until it has reduced to a pourable but thick syrup.