Glazed Sweet Potatoes & California Prunes with Ginger
Orange-glazed sweet potatoes sprinkled with crystallized ginger will find a place at any holiday meal alongside ham, turkey or roast pork.
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 55 minutes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 450g)
- 1 cup pitted California Prunes (about 170g)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons chopped crystallized ginger
- Heat oven to 175°C.
- Cut each sweet potato into 4 wedges, lengthwise. Cut each wedge in half across.
- Place sweet potatoes and California Prunes in lightly oiled baking dish large enough to hold potatoes in one layer.
- In small bowl, whisk together orange juice, honey, oil, zest, salt and cinnamon; pour evenly over sweet potatoes and California Prunes.
- Sprinkle with ginger.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; baste sweet potatoes with juices from baking dish.
- Bake about 10 minutes more or until sweet potatoes are tender and glazed.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||9|