Ginger & California Prune Cookies
Provided by: the Energy We Bring for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 24Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups California Prunes
- 3 egg whites
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- Cooking spray
- Blend California Prunes into a purée.
- In large bowl, beat together purée and egg whites until smooth.
- Add sugar and continue beating until mixed well.
- In another bowl sift together flour, ginger, allspice, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to mixture and blend.
- Fold in crystallized ginger.
- Shape dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls and place on a sprayed baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten cookies with moistened fingers, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 15 minutes in 190°C oven.
- Cool and serve.
Note: Cookies will keep in air-tight container for about 1 week.