Flourless Sticky Chocolate & California Prune Cake
Provided by: Avocado A Day Nutrition for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 4-6Cook Time: 35 mins
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 6 tablespoons almond milk
- ¾ cup California Prunes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- In a small bowl, whisk together chia seeds and almond milk. Let sit to gel for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a food processor, blend California Prunes into a purée.
- Add chia gel, honey, almond butter, and vanilla and blend again until combined.
- Add almond meal and cocoa powder to the food processor and blend again until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper with some hanging over the sides, then cover generously with oil. This makes it easier to remove.
- Scrape in batter and spread even with a spatula.
- Bake for 35 minutes, sprinkling with coconut halfway through cooking.
- Remove from oven, let cool in the pan.
- When ready to serve, lift out by pulling on the foil or parchment paper and cut into thin slices before serving.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or cold.