California Prunes, Ricotta & Avocado Toast
Provided by: Teaspoon of Spice for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 2Prep Time: 5 minsCook Time: 10 minutes
- Prune Vinaigrette
- 6 California Prunes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 - 4 tablespoons water
- 2 slices whole grain or sourdough bread
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Half of an avocado, sliced
- 6 California Prunes
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
To make California Prune vinaigrette:
- Place California Prunes in small saucepan with vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add California Prune mixture to food processor or blender. Slowly add olive oil as blending/puréeing.
- Add enough water (continue to blend/process) until it reaches a creamy dressing like consistency.
To assemble toasts:
- Toast each slice of bread.
- Spread ricotta cheese, layer avocado on top of each toast (or smash avocado into ricotta cheese.)
- Slice California Prunes and layer on top of each toast.
- Season with black pepper and salt.
- Drizzle with California Prune vinaigrette.
Store leftover California Prune vinaigrette in refrigerator for up to a week.