California Prune Ravioli with Sage Butter
This elegant recipe is worth the preparation.
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 20 MinutesCook Time: 10 Minutes
- 3/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup (about 85g) finely chopped pitted California Prunes
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 30 wonton wrappers (3 x 3 inches each)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage (4 to 6 leaves)
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, California Prunes, parmesan cheese, garlic, and pepper. Set aside.
- For each ravioli, brush edges of 1 wrapper with egg white.
- Place 2 teaspoons California Prune mixture onto centre.
- Fold diagonally in half to form a triangle; seal edges, pressing to remove any air pockets.
- Repeat with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Refrigerate on wax paper-lined baking sheet up to 2 hours or until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook butter and sage over medium-high heat until butter begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, add half of the ravioli to boiling water. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Using slotted spoon, remove ravioli to individual serving bowls.
- Repeat with remaining ravioli.
- Drizzle each serving with sage butter. Enjoy!
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||38|