California Prune + Millet Tabbouleh
Provided by: Eggplant & Olive for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 4-6Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup dried millet
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup diced California Prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large bunches parsley
- 1/2 large bunch mint
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- black pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, add dry millet, water, diced California Prunes, and a pinch of salt.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down to low heat, and cover. Cook for 20 minutes, and then remove from heat and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, dice the parsley, mint and onion and add them to a large serving bowl.
- Toss the millet and California Prune mixture with the vegetables and stir in the vinegar, cinnamon, allspice, salt and black pepper.
- Adjust the seasonings to taste and then serve at room temperature.