California Prune and Goat Cheese Strudel
California Prunes and goat cheese rolled in puff pastry (store bought for convenience) are baked until golden, then sliced, for an unusual Appetiser.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 package (500g size) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 cup (about 170g) pitted Prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup (60g) crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- 1 egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Thaw pastry at room temperature 30 minutes. Heat oven to 200°C.
- In small bowl, combine California Prunes, apple butter, goat cheese and chives; mix well and set aside.
- Unfold pastry onto lightly floured surface. Roll to 35 x 25 cm rectangle.
- Spread California Prune mixture over pastry, covering to within one inch of either end; brush all edges with egg mixture.
- Beginning at the long end, roll up pastry in jelly roll fashion; pinch seams and ends to seal.
- Place on baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut diagonal slits, one inch apart, across top of pastry. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes until golden.
- Cool on baking sheet on wire rack 20 minutes.
- To serve, cut into 12 slices along diagonal cuts.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||39|