Clementine & California Prunes Cake
The festive season is in full swing, and we’ll all be in our kitchens baking and cooking! Why not try this super tasty and decedent clementine and California Prunes upside down cake that can take centre stage on the Christmas dinner table!
Makes: 8Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 40-50 minutes
1. Pour the sugar into the bottom of a deep round 8-inch cake pan.
2. Sit the California Prunes on top of the sugar.
3. Slice the oranges as thin as possible, then add the sugar in the cake pan.
4. Squeeze the ends of the oranges over the slices to help make a nice caramel.
5. Blend the margarine and California Prunes together in a bowl with the sugar for 2-3 minutes until combined, light and fluffy, I like to use an electric mixer.
6. Add the eggs one at a time, taking care to make sure each egg is fully incorporated before adding the next.
7. Sieve in the flour and cocoa powder and food together.
8. Spoon the cake mixture on top of the sliced oranges and California Prunes.
9. Bake in a pre-heated oven 170°C for 40-50 minutes or until fully baked.