Christmas Granola with California Prunes
Makes: 2Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 40 minutes
- 300g oatmeal
- 100g white buckwheat
- 150g California Prunes
- 70g almonds
- 70g walnuts
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp gingerbread spice mix (see note)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4-5 tbsp honey
- Chop California Prunes, almonds and walnuts into large pieces.
- Roast buckwheat on a dry frying pan for approx. 5 – 7 minutes.
- Put oatmeal, buckwheat, chopped California Prunes, almonds, walnuts into a deeper bowl.
- Add spices, coconut oil and honey. Mix everything until combined.
- Put a baking paper on a baking tray, strew the mixture, spread evenly and bake in oven preheated to 160°C fan, for 40 minutes.
- Shuffle granola during baking several times for better drying of all the ingredients.
To make 12 teaspoons of homemade gingerbread spice: combine 2 tbsp ground ginger, 3 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground allspice, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground cardamom, 1 tsp ground cloves.Once mixed, it will keep for several months in an airtight container or glass jar.