Chocolate Dipped California Prunes
Mix and match fillings and toppings to create your favourite versions of these stuffed California Prunes for holiday gifting or parties.
Makes: 12 (2 each)Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup (about 170g) pitted California Prunes
- 170g semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Fillings: nuts, candied ginger, prepared almond paste or marzipan
- Toppings: chopped nuts, candied ginger pieces or candy decors
- Cut slit into the side of each California Prune and stuff with small piece or portion of filling as desired.
- Pinch to close; shape to form round shape. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a small heatproof bowl, set in a pot of hot (not boiling) water over low heat; allow to melt, stirring occasionally until smooth. (Chocolate should be fluid and barely warm.)
- Remove from heat.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Using a fork, dip California Prunes, 1 at a time, into chocolate; drain excess.
- Place on prepared baking sheet; decorate with toppings, as desired.
- Refrigerate immediately until set.
- When chocolate has hardened, transfer to jars or containers for gift-giving.
- Store, covered, in a cool place, away from direct sun or heat.
Tip: Melted white chocolate can be drizzled over chocolate-dipped California Prunes before adding toppings if desired.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||50|