Chocolate Chip and Sea Salt Cookies
These chocolate chip cookies are not only delicious, but also have reduced sugar! So, make sure you indulge in these tasty treats, which are ideal for sharing with family or friends.
Makes: 9 - 15Prep Time: 10 minutes + 30 minutes fridge timeCook Time: 10 - 12 minutes + 10 minutes cooling
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 70g brown sugar
- 100g California Prunes chopped
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 large free-range egg
- 220g plain flour
- 2 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda
- 100g 70% dark chocolate chips
- 70g roasted hazelnuts
- 30g roasted pine nuts
- Sea salt flakes to taste
1. Pre heat the oven to 170c.
2. Place the butter, sugar and chopped California Prunes together into a bowl and mix together until soft, light and creamy.
3. Add in the vanilla extract and egg, then continue to mix together.
4. Sift together the flour, bicarb and cocoa powder directly into the mixing bowl.
5. Add in the roasted nuts and chocolate chips before mixing together to form a soft dough.
6. Place the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up a little.
7. Divide the chilled dough into equal portions, 9 large or 15 smaller ones.
8. Place the cookies onto a non-stick baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until slightly soft in the middle.
9. Leave the cookies for 10 minutes to cool a little before eating as they will be really hot!
10. Sprinkle on sea salt flakes to taste.