Chicken and California Prune Wraps with Fennel Slaw and Hazelnut
These fresh and vibrant wraps are bursting with colourful flavour! Ideal for a summery lunch or dinner, this nutritious dish also highlights how you can creatively use leftovers to form great meals.
Makes: 2-4Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- 150g Cooked left over chicken
- 100g California Prunes (chopped)
- 1 lemon
- 1 small garlic clove crushed
- 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 Red onion
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 60g Baby spinach
- 30g Roasted hazelnuts
- 2 Baby gem lettuce
- 1 lemon for squeezing
1. Tear the chicken up into strips and place in a bowl with the chopped California Prunes.
2. In another bowl add the juice of a lemon, garlic and olive oil before whisking together.
3. Season with a little salt, pepper and dried oregano.
4. Add the cooked chicken and California prunes before mixing together.
5. Leave the chicken and California prune mixture to one side to allow the ingredients to absorb the dressing.
6. Time to chop, using a sharp knife slice the fennel and red onion as thinly as possible and place in a bowl.
7. Cut the red pepper into matchstick and add to the fennel.
8. Do the same with the carrots and finally mix together.
9. Add the baby spinach and mix together.
10. Break the lettuce leaves up to make some edible cups/wraps.
11. Add a handful of the slaw onto each lettuce cup and top with the chicken mixture.
12. Finish with crushed roasted hazelnuts and a squeeze of Lemon juice, for a nice sharp hit of flavour.