Chicken Breasts with Curried Fruit
A sauce of lightly curried fruit adds elegance to chicken breasts, yet it’s so quick and easy it will become an everyday favourite.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- 450g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 90g California Prunes, halved
- 200g grapes/peach slices/pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds/walnuts toasted
1. In large heavy-bottomed skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Place chicken in skillet; cook for 6 minutes or until browned, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, stir curry powder into butter mixture; cook for 30 seconds.
4. Mix in vermouth and salt, then California Prunes.
5. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken centres are no longer pink.
6. Transfer chicken and California Prunes to serving platter; keep warm.
7. Add remaining fruit and brown sugar to pan juices; bring to boil.
8. Reduce heat slightly; cook and stir briefly, just until sauce is syrupy.
9. Spoon fruit sauce over chicken and top with nuts.
Tip: To toast nuts, arrange in even layer on baking sheet. Bake in 180 °C oven 5 to 7 minutes for almonds or for 10 to 12 minutes for walnuts, until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||26|