Chicken Thigh Cutlets Stuffed with Olive and California Prunes Tapenade
A unique twist on the California Prune purée helps keep the chicken moist and adds a touch of natural sweetness.
Makes: 8Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 1 hour
- 2 x 425g cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups mixed olives, such as Sicilian and Kalamata, diced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup California Prunes
- 1½ 340g cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 x 450g packages chicken thigh cutlets
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Purée beans, olives, 1 tablespoon olive oil, California Prunes, tomatoes, orange peel, salt and pepper.
- Pound chicken thigh cutlets; flatten to ¼ inch.
- Spread tapenade mixture over the chicken thighs. Roll and secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
- Arrange in a pan and drizzle remaining with 1 tablespoon olive oil, crushed red pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 175°C for 1 hour or until done. Remove foil and broil to brown the top.
- Serve whole, or cut each chicken thigh into 3 pieces and arrange on a plate.