Chicken, Lemon and California Prune Piadas
Packed full of goodness and nutrients, these Chicken, Lemon and California Prune Piadas are the perfect snack whilst watching sporting events with family and friends!
Makes: 4Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 Chicken breast, approximately 60g each
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- 2 Red onions chopped
- 2 Red peppers chopped
- 100g California Prunes chopped
- 1 Lemon, cut into wedges
- 50g Black olives
- 1 Handful flat leaf parsley
- 4 Pitta breads
- 1 extra lemon for squeezing over at the end
- Drizzle the oil over the skin side of the chicken breast, then season with salt and pepper.
- Pre heat a sauce pan, when hot place the chicken breast skin side down into the pan.
- Cook until golden and crisp, then turn over and continue to cook.
- Scatter in the fresh thyme, then add the chopped onion and peppers.
- Stir the pan a little, then add the chopped California Prunes and the lemon cut into wedges.
- Continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to rest while the rest of the ingredients continue to cook and reduce a little.
- After 5 minutes the sauce should be ready.
- Cut the pitta breads open and carve the chicken.
- Divide the chicken between the pitta breads and top with the California Prune, red pepper and onion sauce.
- Finish with a nice squeeze of lemon before serving.