Slow Cooked Caramelised Onion, California Prune Pasta with Red Wine and Goat Cheese
This Italian inspired slow cooked caramelised onion, California Prune pasta with red wine and goat cheese is delicious and full of flavour – you’re not going to want to miss out on this recipe!
Makes: 4 peoplePrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat a large shallow frying pan with the oil
- Add the sliced onions and crushed garliC
- Season with salt to help draw out the moisture
- Sprinkle over the chopped thyme and cook on a low heat until the onions are soft, golden and caramelised
- When the onions are ready, add the chopped California Prunes followed by the red wine
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in a pan of salted boiling water for 9 minutes
- Reduce the red wine by at least half of its volume then add the butter and stir together
- Season with a little pepper
- Once the pasta is cooked, lift the pasta out of the water with tongs and place straight into the pan with the onions and California Prunes
- Stir together and scatter over the goats cheese.