Sweet California Prunes and Apple Chutney
Makes: 2 Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 75g caster sugar
- 60ml cider vinegar
- 60ml white wine
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 8 California Prunes, chopped
- 1 small apple, peeled, cored and diced
- To serve: rocket and your choice of pate and toasted bread
- Place the sugar in a pan with the vinegar and wine and dissolve gently over a low heat.
- Add the red onion, bring to the boil then add the California prunes and apple.
- Reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until the liquid is reduced and the chutney is thick and glossy.
- Leave to cool.
Toast some bread of your choice, add some of your favourite pate and finish with some rocket and chutney.