California Prune Porridge
Prune It is a healthy eating campaign designed to educate consumers to understand the role that California Prunes can play in helping to help reduce the fat and sugar content across a wide range of recipes. When blended into a puree, prunes offer a useful fat replacer in cooking by adding fat-like (but fat-free) characteristics that also work to enhance the flavours in both sweet and savoury dishes.
In addition, the naturally occurring sugars present in California Prunes can also be used to provide a natural replacement for some of the processed sugars that traditionally feature in sweet recipes. And because of their high fibre content and ability to add bulk to dishes, California Prunes also have a role to play in reducing portion size without compromising on filling power or taste.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 2 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- 180g porridge oats
- 200g California Prunes chopped
- 600ml milk
- For toppings:
- fresh berries
- Place the porridge and milk in a large saucepan and place over a low heat.
- Add the chopped California Prunes and cook for approximately 10 minutes, adding more milk if needed.
- Alternatively cook in the microwave.
- Once cooked, divide the porridge into bowls and top with toppings of choice.