California Prune & Goats Cheese Tarts
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 200g semi-soft vegetarian goats cheese, crumbled
- 500g ready made short crust pastry
- 75g walnuts
- 125g California Prunes, roughly chopped
- 150ml double cream
- 2 eggs
- 3tsps thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 6 thyme stalks for garnish
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Divide the pastry into 6 portions then roll out each one and use to line 6 x 10cm round loose bottom flan tins.
- Trim, then line with parchment paper and baking beans and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until the pastry edges are pale golden.
- Remove the beans and paper and put the tart cases to one side.
- Mix together the walnuts, California Prunes, thyme leaves and goat’s cheese and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the mixture between the tart cases. Lightly whisk the cream and eggs together then pour carefully over the tarts.
- Add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to each one and put in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden and set.
- Remove and leave for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve topped with a thyme leaf, a lightly dressed salad and a generous spoonful of tangy chutney.