California Prune Glazed Roasted Root Vegetables
Glazing vegetables before roasting them adds another dimension to them. In this glaze, rather than using a sugary syrup or honey, the sweetness comes from the California Prunes which means you also get the benefits of some extra fibre and micronutrients that you don’t get from traditional glazes.
Makes: 4Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Trim the parsnips and carrot and cut in half across the length. Then cut the thin end in half lengthways and the thicker end into four lengthways.
- Par boil in a large pan of water for about 5mins.
- Drain and leave to dry slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a largish bowl, whisk together the California Prune puree, vinegar and olive oil.
- Tip in the par-boiled vegetables and mix around so they are well coated. If you don’t mind getting messy, I find this easiest to do with my hands.
- Transfer the coated veg to a roasting tin and cook in the oven for around 20-25mins.