California Prune Couscous Salad
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 150g couscous
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 560ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 fennel bulb
- 150g California Prunes
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 pomegranate
- 1 handful fresh mint
- Place the couscous into a large mixing bowl, add the salt, pepper, cumin and dried mint.
- Pour the boiling stock over the couscous and leave to stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely dice the fennel bulb and roughly chop the California Prunes before adding to the bowl.
- Cut or tear the feta into cubes and add to the bowl.
- Whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil, pour over the salad and mix together.
- To serve, spoon the couscous onto a large serving plate, then scatter with fresh pomegranate seeds and fresh mint.