California Prune Clafoutis
Makes: 5Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 35 minutes
- ½tbsp butter
- 250g California Prunes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 110g caster sugar
- 75g plain flour
- 170g full fat milk
- 150g double cream
- ½ vanilla pod
- Icing sugar to dust
- Ice-cream or custard to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish , then coat in 1 tablespoon of sugar. Move the dish around to coat all sides.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, remaining sugar, salt and eggs.
- Cut the vanilla pod in half (lengthways) and remove the seeds with the back of a knife.
- Put the vanilla pod in a saucepan along with the milk and cream.
- Warm this through but do not bring to the boil.
- Once warm, remove the vanilla pod and add this to the egg mixture and whisk to bring all the ingredients together.
- Add the California Prunes and pour the mixture into the lined dish.
- Make sure you can see some of the California Prunes at the top of the mixture, otherwise they may stay at the bottom and spoil the look of the finished clafoutis.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean when inserted.
- Once cooked, dust with icing sugar and serve with custard or ice-cream.