California Prune Breakfast Detox Smoothie by Jennifer Irvine
Jennifer Irvine is an acclaimed author and healthy food advocate and is the latest UK brand ambassador for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 1Prep Time: 5 mins
- Handful of rolled oats
- 1 banana
- Small handful of ready-to-eat California Prunes (about 4)
- 1 tsp honey
- Approx 20g live yoghurt
- Tablespoon of chia seeds
- Approx 150 ml Skimmed / semi-skimmed milk
- Approx 150 ml California Prune juice
- 1 tsp fresh root ginger
- Couple of lettuce leaves
- Firstly, place the oats in the blender and blend until you have a fine powder.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients, except for the milk and the California Prune juice.
- Add enough milk to go half-way up the glass, and top with enough California Prune juice to cover the solid ingredients.
- Blend, adding more liquid to get your preferred consistency.