California Prune Biscotti
Delicious biscotti, dunked in a cup of coffee whilst sitting out in the sun…perfection!
For extra flavour and texture, we’ve added deliciously, but naturally, sweet California Prunes to our biscotti and, let me tell you, they are amazing! This is a recipe you’ll definitely want to try!
Makes: 25 biscottiPrep Time: 15-20 minutesCook Time: 45 minutes in total
- 2 medium eggs
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Zest 1 orange
- 25g toasted hazelnuts roughly chopped
- 100g chopped California Prunes
- Heat the oven to 180°C, and line a large non-stick baking tray.
- Whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl, then add the orange zest, hazelnuts and California Prunes. Fold into the egg mix to make a soft dough.
- Tip onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a 25cm sausage shape with lightly floured hands.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and flatten to a 3cm thickness, then bake for 30 mins until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and slide the biscotti log onto a chopping board.
- Reduce the oven to 160°C /140°C fan/gas 3.
- Cut the log into 1cm thick slices and return to the baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 10-15 mins until crisp, then cool on a wire rack.