California Prune, Apple & Almond Crumble
Makes: 4Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
- 200g California Prunes, halved
- 8 small Bramley apples, peeled and chopped
- 25g caster sugar
- splash of water
- 200g plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 100g cold butter, cubed
- 75g soft brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- In a medium sized saucepan cook the apples with the sugar and water until soft but not puréed.
- Add the California Prunes and place in an oven dish. Mix together the flour, ground almonds and brown sugar then, using only your fingertips, rub the butter into the mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the apple and California Prune mixture and place in the pre-heated oven.
- Check after 30 minutes – crumble is ready when it starts to bubble and the topping brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with custard.