California Prune and Orange Cupcakes
Trick or treat? These scary-looking Halloween cakes hide a deliciously but naturally sweet and moist cake. Definitely a treat!
Makes: 12Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 14-16 minutes
- 70g California Prunes (finely chopped)
- 110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 90g caster sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- Zest from 2 oranges
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the beaten egg and combine until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour, orange zest and chopped California Prunes and mix together.
- Place the cupcake cases in the muffin tray and divide the mixture evenly.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 14-16 minutes until cooked.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before decorating with either butter icing, fondant or frosting.