Bircher Muesli with California Prunes
Your day starts here with this easy and delicious take on the Favourite Swiss whole-grain cereal, Bircher Muesli. Just soak rolled and steel-cut oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, grated apple and California Prunes in apple and orange juice, top with yogurt and fresh fruit, to jumpstart your morning with a boost of long-lasting energy.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup coarsely grated unpeeled apple
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw natural almonds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup (about 85g) quartered California Prunes
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Sliced bananas and yogurt, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine apple, rolled and steel-cut oats, almonds, sunflower seeds and California Prunes.
- Add apple juice, orange zest and orange juice; mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight or up to 3 days.
To serve, portion into bowls and top with bananas and yogurt.