Beer and California Prune Spicy Glazed Chicken Wings
Makes: 4Prep Time: 30Cook Time: 20
- For the sauce:
- For the chicken wings:
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1kg Chicken wings
- 1 tsp Salt
- 150g Plain Flour
- 1 Red Chilli fresh and diced
- 50g Polenta or ground corn
- 3 Garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp Smoked paprika
- 100g California Prunes whole
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 100g Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Ground cumin
- 250ml American Pale Ale/beer
- 1 tbsp Dried onion
- 2 Red onions sliced
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- Place the sliced red onions into a shallow frying pan with the oil and salt.
- Add the chopped red chilli followed by the California Prunes.
- Pour in the ketchup and beer, then simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Once reduced remove from the heat and leave to cool for 10 minutes before blending until smooth.
- Once blended transfer into a storage container, it should keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Now that the sauce is made time for the chicken wings.
- Pour all the dry ingredients into a large plate and mix together.
- Scatter the seasoning over the chicken wings in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss together making sure the wings are fully covered.
- Pre heat your air fryer, then place the chicken in to cook for 20 minutes at 185c or until golden and crispy.
- Serve with your California Prune dipping sauce and enjoy.