Banana, California Prunes, Chocolate and Raspberry Buns
These tasty muffins from California Prune Board’s Italian fitness influencer, Davide Campagna, are too moreish not to share. Davide has used California Prunes to reduce the fat and added sugar in this recipe. Delicious AND healthy – what more could you ask for?
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
- For the buns:
- 65 g wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 60 g raspberries
- 8 California Prunes
- 1 banana
- 60 ml vegetable milk
- 25 ml oil
- 1 egg white
- 20 g chocolate chips
- For the topping:
- 6 California Prunes
- Chocolate chips
- Blend the 8 California Prunes with the banana, oil, egg white and vegetable milk for about 40 seconds.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips in a bowl.
- Add the blended mixture to the bowl with the flour and mix.
- Add the raspberries and blend with a spoon until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a 6-muffin tin and top each portion with chocolate chips and a California Prune.
- Bake at 170 °C for about 23-25 minutes and allow to cool before serving.
Note: The vegetable milk could be substituted with soya, almond, oatmeal, coconut, goat, sheep or cow’s milk if you prefer.
You can see how Davide makes these muffins by visiting: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ8ZGsJFycD/