Balsamic & California Prune Stuffed Chicken
Provided by: RDelicious Kitchen for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15-20 minutesCook Time: 25-30 minutes
- ¾ cup California Prunes
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 (4-ounce) pieces skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup finely chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl add California Prunes and balsamic vinegar and set aside to soak for at least 5 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, and flatten out, using a meat mallet, or rolling pin. Season each side with salt and pepper.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the California Prunes and balsamic vinegar, until it turns into a paste like consistency. (Add a few drops of water, if needed)
- Evenly spread the California Prune mixture over one side of each chicken breast. Sprinkle walnuts and feta cheese on top.
- Roll chicken gently without letting the filling spill out.
- Secure chicken with wooden toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken roll up with Dijon mustard and coat with panko breadcrumbs.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven and remove wooden toothpicks.
- Slice chicken breasts crosswise and serve.