Asian Noodles with Tofu and Kimchi
Easy to make? Tick.
These Asian inspired noodles make for a perfect light and summery recipe. This dish packs a nutritional punch and could quickly become a staple of your regular homecooked meals.
Makes: 4Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 19 minutes
- For the sauce:
- 1 thumb ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250g California Prunes
- 1 tbsp Korean chilli paste
- 100m Light soy sauce
- 50ml rice wine vinegar
- 100ml water
- For the noodles:
- 225g Dried noodles
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g firm tofu cut into pieces
- 1 Red onion sliced
- 100g Kale chopped
- 100g Tender stem broccoli
- 4 Spring onions chopped
- 160g Kimchi
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime cut into quarters
- 1 handful fresh coriander roughly chopped
1. Place all the sauce ingredients into a pan and heat gently, then using a stick blender blend until smooth and set to one side.
2. Place the noodles into a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water straight from the kettle.
3. Leave the noodles to soak for 10 minutes and drain.
4. Pre heat a large frying pan or wok and add in the oil.
5. Cook the red onion, kale and broccoli for 3-4 minutes until just tender while maintaining their colour.
6. Add the tofu and pour in the sauce.
7. Add in the kale towards the end as it won’t to cook as well as the spring onions.
8. Finally add the kimchi and stir together.
9. Serve with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, a wedge of lime and a scattering of fresh coriander for a super healthy meal packed full of goodness.