Almond & California Prune Thumbprint Cookies
Provided by: K Baked for the California Prune Board.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 20 minutes plus chilling timeCook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed or chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons almond or soy milk
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup California Prunes
- 1/4 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- In a small dish combine ground chia or flax seed with soy or almond milk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine nut butter and brown sugar and mix until well combined.
- Add oat flour, almond meal, salt, and flax and soy milk mixture. Mix well. If mixture is still dry, add an additional tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- For best results, allow dough to chill in the refrigerator or freezer until cold.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, combine California Prunes, cherries (if using), and water.
- Purée until well combined until a smooth jelly-like consistency is achieved.
- Removed chilled dough from refrigerator and roll into 2-3cm balls.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Press a small, round indentation with your thumb in the centre of each cookie. Fill each indentation with a small scoop of purée mixture (about 1 teaspoon).
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool and enjoy.