Sweet & Sour Chicken with Sesame Noodles
Makes: 4Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 x 200g chicken breasts
- 50g sesame seeds
- 2 eggs
- 40g plain flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 4 stems of sprouting broccoli
- 1 thumb of ginger
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red onion1 red chilli
- 300g dried noodles soaked in boiling water for 10 mins
- For the sweet and sour sauce:
- 150g California Prunes
- 50ml soy sauce
- 20ml rice wine vinegar
- 20ml hot water
- 1tsp Chinese 5 Spice
- Cut the chicken breast horizontally to create 4 thin chicken breast steaks.
- Place the flour in a bowl, the sesame seeds in another and the beaten egg in another.
- Place each chicken breast into the flour, then dip into the egg, then dip into the sesame seeds before placing on a non-stick baking tray.
- Bake for 18 minutes at 180°C.
- Place all the sauce ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth, then place in a bowl until ready to cook.
- Meanwhile chop the vegetables and cook in a wok for 3-5 minutes with the oil. Add the noodles to the wok, followed by some of the sauce. Pour in a few tablespoons of water to help loosen the dish and allow the sauce to coat everything.
- Finish the noodles with fresh coriander and fresh chilli before serving on a plate.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and slice up before topping the noodle dish.