Spiced California Prunes Chutney
If you’re looking to spice up your meals with something quick and easy, you should definitely try this chutney with California Prunes
Recipe courtesy of Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Prep Time: 15-20 minutesCook Time: 15 minutes
- Roughly chop the California Prunes.
- Take tamarind in a bowl, add 1 cup hot water and set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick pan, add the chopped prunes, jaggery, drain the soaked tamarind and add into the pan.
- Add red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, fennel powder, dried ginger powder, salt, black salt, and water and mix till the jaggery melts.
- Mash the mixture with the back of the spoon till it comes together.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow the chutney to cool.
Serving Suggestion: Transfer the chutney into a serving bowl, garnish with coriander sprig and serve with lavash or any other accompaniment of your choice.
Recipe and image rights reserved by Chef Sanjeev Kappor. For more information, visit www.sanjeevkapoor.com