Savoury Galette with California Prunes
Makes: 5Prep Time: 1 hourCook Time: 30 minutes
- Spicy short crust:
- 200g spelled flour
- 30g sesame seed flour
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- 80g of water (depending on the flour
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika powder
- 4g instant yeast
- Salt to taste
- 200g vegan stracchino or goat's cheese
- 12-15 California Prunes
- Radicchio to taste
1. Prepare the shortcrust pastry by mixing flour, baking powder, smoked paprika,
sesame seeds and salt in a large bowl. Add the oil and mix well with a spoon.
2. Then add a little water at a time and knead the salted shortcrust pastry with your
hands until you get a homogeneous and elastic dough.
3. Make a ball and roll it out immediately on a floured pastry board about half a
4. With a large bowl-pasta cut some discs that will be the basis for the galettes.
5. Transport the discs on a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Cut the California Prunes into small pieces and add them to the vegan stracchino.
Add a teaspoon of oil and salt.
7. Spread a spoonful of filling in the central part of the base of the galettes, add a layer
of finely chopped radicchio and close the side edges.
8. Bake for about 30 minutes at 180 °C in a static hot oven