Moist Chicken Burger
We all love a good ol’ chicken burger especially when it’s perfectly cooked and moist. So try this recipe with California Prunes which will make sure your burger patty isn’t dry and remains moist.
Recipe courtesy Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
Makes: 4-6Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 6-8 minutes
- For the patty:
- 300g chicken mince
- 4 burger buns
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- 8-10 California Prunes, chopped
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- 60 ml mayonnaise
- To assemble:
- Romaine lettuce leaves as required
- Onion rings as required
- Tomato slices as required
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns for sprinkling
- Mayonnaise as required
- To serve:
- French fries
- Tomato ketchup
To make the patty:
- Take chicken mince in a large bowl. Add garlic, celery, onion, salt, chilli flakes, parsley leaves, crushed black peppercorns, California Prunes and egg, mix till well combined.
- Take a portion of the chicken mixture and shape it into a patty.
- Heat oil in a non-stick tawa. Place the prepared patties and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Heat butter in a non-stick grill pan. Slice the burger buns in half and place the buns and toast for a few seconds on each side.
- To assemble the burger, apply mayonnaise on the base half of the bun. Place a few romaine lettuce leaves, place the chicken patty. Place onion rings, tomato slices and sprinkle salt, crushed black peppercorns.
- Apply mayonnaise on the top half of the bun and place it over the burger.
- Serve immediately with French fries and ketchup.
Chef’s Tip: California Prunes acts as a humectant which helps in keeping the chicken patty moist.