- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a loaf tin with some butter and dust with some flour.
- Place the California Prunes in a blender, add 120mls water and blend to a fine puree.
- Cream the butter, using an electric beater, until pale and creamy. Break in eggs gradually and whisk. Add vanilla essence and whisk again.
- Sieve in together the flour, baking powder and salt, fold with spatula. Add milk and prune puree, mix well.
- Pour the batter in the greased tin and tap. Put the tray into the preheated oven and bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from oven and demould.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Chef’s Tip: Replacing refined sugar with California Prunes in the recipe works as a great hack as prunes are naturally sweet and a healthier alternative.