Gingerbread with California Prunes
Makes: 16Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 40 minutes
- 175g plain white flour
- 100g porridge oats
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 250g butter
- 275g soft brown sugar
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 3 pieces candied ginger
- 150g chopped California Prunes
- Place both flours, oats, soda and ground ginger into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds to fully incorporate the ingredients.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to the mix, then pulse to allow the butter to mix in and create a crumble type texture.
- Add the sugar, both chopped gingers and finally the chopped California Prunes.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl and using a metal spoon mix together. Pour the gingerbread mix out onto a non-stick baking tray lined with parchment paper. Gently spread out the mixture to cover the base, then bake in a pre-heated oven for 40-45 minutes at 160°C.
- When the gingerbread is baked leave to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into portions.