Far Breton with California Prunes
Makes: 6Prep Time: 120 minutesCook Time: 55 minutes
- 200g California Prunes
- 400 ml milk
- 100 ml fresh cream for desserts
- 5 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 120g granulated sugar
- 20g butter
- 230g flour 00
- A glass of cognac or similar Liquor
- Seeds of a vanilla bean
1. Soak the California Prunes with a glass of Cognac and half a glass of water for at least 1 hour, then drain them.
2. Heat the milk with the cream, sugar, vanilla and butter in a saucepan on a slow fire for
a few minutes.
3. In a bowl, beat the eggs and sift over the flour and stir in so you don’t have any
lumps. Pour in the warm mixture while continuing to mix.
4. Line a 22/24 cm cake pan with parchment paper and place the California Prunes in
the bottom. Pour the mixture onto the pan.
5. Cook everything in a static oven at 200°C for 15 minutes then lower to 180°C –
continue cooking for about 40 minutes.
6. Do the toothpick test!
7. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely for at least 1 hour, then serve with one sprinkled with icing sugar.