California Prunes with Bacon and Fresh Goat Cheese
A quick and easy, make ahead, recipe for holiday entertaining. Grill the bacon-wrapped California Prunes just before serving.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 10 minutes
- 12 pitted California Prunes
- 150g goat cheese, divided into 12 equal portions
- 3 slices bacon, each cut into 2-inch pieces (to total 12 pieces)
- For each California Prune, make a lengthwise slit and spoon a portion of cheese into slit; wrap with a piece of bacon.
- Secure bacon with wooden pick; arrange on rack in grill pan.
- Grill 3 to 4 inches from heat 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and barely crisp, turning once.
- Serve hot or warm.
Recipe created by Georgeanne Brennan.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||48|