California Prune & Feta Pick-up Sticks with Drizzled Honey
Simple skewers of feta cheese and California Prunes are made special with a drizzle of honey and crushed fennel seeds.
Makes: 6Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 6 pitted California Prunes
- 60g Feta cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 6 toothpicks
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 tbsp toasted fennel seeds, crushed
- Thread 1 California Prune and 1 cube of feta cheese onto toothpick.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle lightly with fennel seeds and chopped mint leaves.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Tip: To toast fennel seeds, place in small skillet. Toast over high heat 1 minute or until fragrant, shaking pan occasionally. To crush seeds, use a mortar with pestle or place seeds in heavy-weight plastic bag and crush with rolling pin.
|PERCENTAGE CALORIES FROM FAT||35|