Creamy Goat Cheese, Crispy Prosciutto & Balsamic Glazed California Prune Flatbreads
Provided by: The Nutritious Kitchen for the California Prune Board.
- 10 California Prunes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4-6 slices prosciutto (depending on the size)
- 3 large/medium sized whole wheat flatbreads
- 6 tablespoons whipped/creamy goat cheese
- Heat the oven to broil.
- Cut California Prunes into small cubes and toss with balsamic vinegar then set aside.
- Place the prosciutto on a lined baking sheet and bake under the broiler for 5-8 minutes or until crispy.
- Once done, set aside to cool.
- While the prosciutto is cooling, toast your flatbreads in the oven under the broiler for about 5 minutes.
- Flip and toast the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until toasted.
- Evenly spread whipped goat cheese over each flatbread.
- Layer on your balsamic glazed California Prunes, then crumble the crispy baked prosciutto over them.
- Drizzle with extra balsamic if desired.
- Cut into squares and serve immediately!