California Prune Simnel Swirls
These light and sweet delights are perfect for sharing, with either family or friends! Unleash your inner ‘Bake Off’ skills and get ready to enjoy these Simnel Swirls.
Makes: 12Prep Time: 120 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes
1. Place all the brioche ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Using your hand, mix until it forms a dough on your hands and it’s clean from the bowl.
3. Transfer the dough to a clean work surface and knead until you have a soft stretchy dough.
4. Return to the mixing bowl, cover, and leave to prove for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
5. On a clean worktop, tip the dough out and roll into a rectangle approximately 1/2cm thick.
6. Scatter the chopped California Prunes over the dough evenly, then add the orange zest, cinnamon and finally grate the marzipan over the top.
7. Roll the dough up away from yourself to create a Swiss roll, then cut into 2-3cm thick slices.
8. Place the swirls onto a non-stick baking tray, evenly spaced out.
9. Leave to prove and double in size, before baking in a pre-heated oven 180°C until golden brown.
10. Remove from the oven and brush with a little melted apricot jam for a tasty glaze.